Early car, Ford Model TT maybe?

Gunsmoke

Anyone able to pin down what this early transporter may be? Was thinking an early Ford, perhaps TT chassis for circa late teens/early 1920's, license plate appears to be commercial (C1743) with 21 in lower left corner. Not an era or brand I have much expertise on. I understand picture is from Cheticamp a French community in Northern Cape Breton, NS, Canada. (Convent in background). Thanks.

Early Car in Cheticamp, Ford TT maybe.jpg

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

It sure looks like a Ford TT. The plate looks like 1922 to me. In any case it is a Ford with a Huckster or bus body. The predecessor to the Station Wagon. Ford would make its first Station Wagon in 1929. Before that you would buy a chassis and source a body from an aftermarket company. I like that big horse in the background.

The vehicle at the top of this thread is a Model TT Ford truck with 124" wheelbase and a worm gear rear axle.

The 1917 Huckster while having a similar body is on a 100" wheelbase Model T ford car chassis.

Big clue is the rear wheels are the same as the front and the rear axle is a lighter bevel gear than the TT.

5 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Thanks guys, appears to be about 1917 Ford TT Huckster like this one from internet...

Even though it's a TT, the sides look too high for a huckster.  Those were used to haul cargo and/or sell stuff from it - the bed sides need to be low enough to access it from the ground.  I'm thinking the OP truck is a people hauler (bus) - wonder what the canvas below the windshield is for?

Thanks Layden B, I thought the Huckster in photo looked shorter, it was posted as a TT. I agree CHuDWah that OP is obviously built for transporting people, has raised floor in rear seating area and arch at back likely for entry headroom. I'm guessing large building is a hotel which might explain why vehicle is photographed here (have now confirmed large building was a convent, then a large Catholic French community named Cheticamp, my wife's family hail from there). As for the canvas draped below windshield?? Does this vehicle appear to be RHD? 

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)