69 Lincoln Mark III - $5,900 (Las Vegas)

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/las-vegas-69-lincoln-mark-iii/7583700257.html

For sale is my 1969 Lincoln - Runs well, transmission shifts smoothly.

Additional pictures added soon.

Front end suspension parts and brake lines were just replaced. Engine Vacuum lines were replaced. New front power window regulators and drivers door switch. New front high quality shocks, new starter and more. 92k original miles.
Desert car, no body or frame rust.
A/c system was converted to R-134
Brand new WHITEWALL tires with less than 50 miles on them. Tires in the picture are not the new tires.
Interior and leather are in okay condition.

email - b376f750b2213b619288aa767f2ef96c@sale.craigslist.org

00000_3Bzrur00P2K_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01515_TgOkGrc0iI_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_47HqcyCWLWK_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, that was a low price. There was one for sale locally that got down to even less than that a couple of years ago, but it wasn't a Las Vegas desert car, which more than makes up for the price difference. Nevertheless, I probably should've bought the local Mark III. Congrats to whoever bought this cool silver Lincoln.

I believe this car was repainted! If I remember right isn't there supposed to be the C-O-N-T-N-E-N-T-A-L in the perimeter of the fake spare tire bulge on the trunk lid? Also I don't remember seeing these cars in gray

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, deac said:

I believe this car was repainted! If I remember right isn't there supposed to be the C-O-N-T-N-E-N-T-A-L in the perimeter of the fake spare tire bulge on the trunk lid? Also I don't remember seeing these cars in gray

I think you're right about the lettering.  And the "Mark III" being a later add.   

1 hour ago, deac said:

21 minutes ago, bryankazmer said:

I think you're right about the lettering.  And the "Mark III" being a later add.   

The CONTINENTAL letters on the spare tire bulge were present on all 1969, 1970 and 1971 Mark III's.  They were affixed to the paint with two sided tape in 1969.  They were fastened with bolts in 1970 and 1971.

The Mark III lettering on the spare tire bulge was not put there by the factory.

The color of this Mark III is light gray metallic (poly).  It was produced no later than 12/31/1968 as it does not have headrests (mandated as of 01/01/1969).

Jim Vesely

ROA # 7437

BCA # 39477

13 minutes ago, deac said:

I am still pretty sure this car has been repainted and the quality is not what the photos show; it's worse. 

Agreed, it may very well have been repainted in its original color or possibly changed to the factory available color of light gray metallic.

Judging from the interior I would guess it likely left the factory with that exterior paint color.