1937 Packard conv. ESTONIA RALLY sometime in the 1960s

Walt G

This photograph as noted on the back by historian Michael Sedgwick " PICTURE PUZZLE 1937 Packard Super Eight was an entry for the first Estonian Vintage Rally at Tallinn. But who built that body?  It looks French or Swiss to us".

After my friend author Mike Sedgwick passed away I was in England a few months later. Mike's library/office was being cleared out by his good friend Peter Moore who resided a short distance away and ran a book auction business and issued catalogs 6 times a year with automotive content up for auction. I purchased many items to fill in places in my own library among them this photograph. The photo was taken ( guessing here) in the 1960s - note the hair styles on the guys in the photos- Beatles era.

SO the question still remains - who did the coach work, where is the car now?  Classic Car Quiz of the month - no I do not know the answer. Are you all still having fun ?  Head scratching time. Anyone getting weary of all the odd stuff I put on these forums ?

Walt

PACKARD1937convEstoniaSed.jpg

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Anyone getting weary of all the odd stuff I put on these forums ?

NEVER! 

As for the Packard, it is beautiful, and an interesting style. However, those headlamps just don't look right to me. I would imagine they may have something to do with different requirements for headlamps in much of Europe. A lot of European coach built cars had unusual headlamps during the 1930s.

Wonderful photo! And the follow-ups make it even more so.

Thank you Walt and alsancle!

• Like 3