Dual Quad Intake and Carbs for 1964

John

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 5:00 PM, John said:

Factory intake and carburetors for 1964.  Carburetor numbers 3645 and 3646, dated AJ3 and AK3 respectively.    $1800, local pickup, near Allentown PA.  

20230116_162656.jpg

This will fit the 66 right 

The rear carb activates the kickdown on a 64.  On a 66, the rear car activates the kickdown AND the variable pitch torque converter.  (Different transmissions for 64 vs 65/66.). You’ll have to be very intuitive to get that rear carb to properly operate the transmission in your car.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 9:09 AM, gungeey said:

BoLo: the intake will "bolt on" but the throttle linkage/kickdown will require some modifications to adapt a 64 setup to a later models. 

That’s what I’ve been reading my mechanic can make that happen I just wanted to make sure I was going to purchase something I can use  401 vs 425 

On 4/3/2023 at 10:01 AM, RivNut said:

The rear carb activates the kickdown on a 64.  On a 66, the rear car activates the kickdown AND the variable pitch torque converter.  (Different transmissions for 64 vs 65/66.). You’ll have to be very intuitive to get that rear carb to properly operate the transmission in your car.

Oh boy 😂 lol so to make life simpler shoot for the 66 dual. 

1 hour ago, BoLo said:

Oh boy 😂 lol so to make life simpler shoot for the 66 dual. 

Contact Russ Martin in Centerville, CA for advice on making it work.  Google “Russ Martin nailhead”. The only difference between a 401 and a 425 is the diameter of the bore.  

• Like 1