Woodgrain dashboard

Pont 46

Getting close to doing my interior for 46 sport coupe. My window garnish mouldings look like wood grain, but are faded. My dashboard was painted by previous owner. I think back when they built these cars they used a decal l of sorts, call "Dinoc" to adherer to dashboard and mouldings.

Anyone have there oginial dash in woodgrain, the pictures I have seen is dashboard is in a light color. Not oposed to painting dash, just like the look of light wood dasboard look.

link to orginal brochuere for car:

https://classiccarcatalogue.com/PONTIAC_1946.html

1 hour ago, Pont 46 said:

yes was also looking into that, it looks great, did you do that yourself? real claasy

I had mine done in the Dallas Tx area, garnish, instrument cluster surround, and glove box door. Had treatment, and clear coat applied. My dash is not removable, but your dash is, so your complete dash could be done.

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on 1930 Buick window garnishes using a oil based woodstain over a base coat colour matched to the original paint. I am using various paint brush grades to work in woodgrain patterns. I have been learning a lot through the process which is good but when I look back to the originals you can certainly see the improvements. Its quite amazing tge results you can achieve with such simple tools