1967 Electra 4 door $13,500 72,500 miles or so

Marketplace - 1967 Buick Electra | Facebook

Product photo of 1967 Buick Electra

Seller's Description

Extremely nice inside & out. 72K miles. Rebuilt 430ci V8, rebuilt & updated Turbo 350 trans. New tires, shocks, dual exhaust & Bluetooth stereo system. A/C compressor & hoses have been removed, but come with the car. Reliable, nice driver, needs nothing and you can be cruising. Storage available til spring.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, avgwarhawk said:

Super nice.  To bad it is a non-AC car.   

Wow that will hold it down, best to sell in winter for sure.   There has to be a ceiling for cars like this.  And that's not bemoaning it at all.  It is very nice looking, a buyer should not have to do anything to enjoy and maintain.  On the flip side of that coin - not many folks looking for bare bones manual window sedan from Buick from 1967.  

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Wow that will hold it down, best to sell in winter for sure.   There has to be a ceiling for cars like this.  And that's not bemoaning it at all.  It is very nice looking, a buyer should not have to do anything to enjoy and maintain.  On the flip side of that coin - not many folks looking for bare bones manual window sedan from Buick from 1967.  

The no AC would not prevent me from not considering a purchase.   Both of my Buicks have WD 70 AC.....windows down 70 mph AC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

The no AC would not prevent me from not considering a purchase.   Both of my Buicks have WD 70 AC.....windows down 70 mph AC. 

Chris - I agree.  I know most have to have AC.  I do in my new 2022 Chevrolet Colorado Z71.   But never really figured it was necessary in an old car used for the hobby.  Closed or convertible.   

This is in my opinion, an issue in how newer, younger potential hobbyists stay -  instead of checking out and buying a modern convertible with AC.   

For me, when I was in the hobby, my favorite times were April, May, then September to November 5.   No AC needed.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Description reads " A/C compressor and hoses have been removed".

Ben

Good catch Ben.   This is NOT the complicated automatic AC of GM which has issues.  This likely means the compressor locked up, and they removed so the car could still be used.    I have not been in the hobby for awhile, but I believe the compressors are readily available and rebuilt, ready to go.  

On 12/15/2022 at 11:02 PM, Y-JobFan said:

Decent clean car, one wonders why the engine was rebuilt at the said mileage.  Grossly overpriced for a basic Electra sedan in driver condition 

430's had oiling issues.  Rebuilt means a lot of different things to different people.  Grossly overpriced.  I am not sure. Beautiful body, great original interior, low mileage and if receipts back up a good job on engine rebuild, then sort out the A/C and enjoy the hobby. 

I would tend to agree that the price is optimistic, but have been hammered by many on the forums further up for being "too cheap", so who knows.  Maybe $13,000 is the new $6,500 I remember from a few years go.  

As long as a person is diligent and has money in hand to make a quick deal, there are a lot of options at $13,000 or so.  Plus, if the buyer is a Buick loyalist, you might be looking at Rivieras, GS Skylarks, etc which have a higher demand than a 4 door, non hardtop Electra.  

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I agree with you guys... while I recognize that the value of these cars has been historically lower, this one appears to be in fantastic condition.  There doesn't appear to be any rust issues (although I'd want to get a look at the quarter panels above the skirts), the body, interior and undercarriage look to be in remarkably excellent condition, so it doesn't appear to need any of the hard to find and expensive to replace items.  The engine rebuild is a bit of a question, but the black paint on the engine is easy to fix.  Most of the AC system is still in place there, just capped, so it may not need much to get going, if you were so inclined.  

If you wanted to get a good reliable entry into the old car market, I think it's worth the money to get one like this where all the expensive bits don't have to be touched, so you can immediately drive & enjoy the car and the hobby.    Just my $0.02!

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1