1950 Dodge Woodie Bus

blind pew

Cantrell Body made in Huntington, NY - their factory was next to the main line E/W rail road tracks.

I did a history of Cantrell with photographs from the Cantrell family archives.

Post war Cantrell primarily worked on commercial chassis and issued sales literature to show examples of their work.

Pre WWII they were the supplier of station wagon /suburban bodies for a variety of chassis : Packard, Dodge passenger car chassis, Chevrolet, Franklin, Buick etc.

A long time close friend restored a 1930 Franklin that has a Cantrell body  - a half a century + ago I did a drawing for him of what the finished car would look like .

I may be wrong but that looks more like a Campbell body than a Cantrell to me. The B&W picture is a Cantrell boby, the color picture is a Campbell. The Cantrell has a much more square top back corner. The front of the roof is taller on the Cantrell and the front door glass is shaped differently. These are both Power Wagons, both Cantrell and Campbell made bodies for Dodge.

woody.jpg

33581251440_a991e77dd5_b.jpg

I see what you are saying. The profile of the horizontal pieces under the glass match the Campbell picture also. The seller sounds like a dealer. I doubt he researched who built the body. He used the cliche:  "ran when parked". If it is so easy to get that thing running why doesn't he do it? 

• 4 weeks later...