Dodge coupe 1938 - need running board rubber

herman de boer

16 hours ago, Al W said:

Kris Arneson in BC, Canada made a set for my 1938 DeSoto - exceptional result, perfect match to originals.  runningboardrubber.comIMG_0800.JPG.5ccfe263b7aba7d96b1373a758e02453.JPG

Kris did a run of front floor mats for some members of the PAS and they were exceptionally well done.

I still have not installed mine as it is so nice I would rather it be mounted on the wall as a work of art.

This winter I will get around to installing it but I will cringe every time I have to step on the mat and get it dirty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Dodge coupe 1938 - need running board rubber
On 12/12/2022 at 8:47 AM, Al W said:

Kris Arneson in BC, Canada made a set for my 1938 DeSoto - exceptional result, perfect match to originals.  runningboardrubber.comIMG_0800.JPG.5ccfe263b7aba7d96b1373a758e02453.JPG

Dear sir

Is this also the original running boards rubbers for the Dodge coupe 1938

Because there is no rubber on the side of the board

See photo (pink)

Thanks 👍

Herman

The Netherlands 

IMG_20221127_115602~2.jpg

Dear sir

Thanks a lot for the information

Your running boards look nice

Now I have a example how I have to do

I will spray the running boards the same color from the car

And order a pair of running boards rubbers by (runningboardsrubber.com

But it is quiet expensive

I love the design of the Dodge coupe

I'm very happy

Thanks and enjoy

Herman de Boer

The Netherlands 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, alsfarms said:

Hello Zepher, Would you post a picture of the running board mats on your DeSoto?  I have a 1937 DeSoto coupe that I need to order mats for.  What color is your DeSoto?

Herman, I like your Dodge coupe also, very similar to the 1937 DeSoto.

Al

I will post a picture tonight when I get home.

My front floor mat is for my 1929 Pierce Arrow.  Since it is an Enclosed Drive Limousine it uses the same rubber front floor mat that the open cars do so I was able to jump in on the run that was being done for open cars.

Trimacar put together the entire project and worked out the details with Kris, sending him drawings and a template to use.

And yes, the price can seem a bit steep at first, but when you consider the detail and workmanship that is produced, it is definitely worth it.

• Thanks 1

Here is the front floor mat that was made by RunningboardRubber.

The mat does not look big in the picture but remember, it covers the entire front seat floor area.

You can also see the very nice shipping crate that Kris made to protect the mat during shipping. 

IMG_20200818_195337.jpg

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 5:14 AM, Al W said:

Yes, the rubber matts are original reproductions, your steel running boards should be body colour.  

IMG_0841.JPG.93d870c2b67fc9ba4148abe397b6d73b.JPGIMG_0827.JPG.bbad8dba3bf1aabf392fa94998f96715.JPG

I want to have the same running board matting what you show me at the Dodge business coupe 1938

If it will fit correctly

How can I order them and name them for to be correct without making a mistake

Thanks

Herman 

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 8:47 AM, Al W said:

Hello sir 

How much where this running board rubbers 

They look indeed excellent 

Thanks 

Herman 

• Like 1