Dodge 4 accessory aftermarket carburetor NOS Marvel

Layden B

PM me with your address, and total with shipping to 65026 (Missouri) and I will take it. Will forward company check once I have received PM.

I really need this like I need an extra hole in my head, as in 49 years no one has asked for a kit. But if they had, I would have had to say no (and I HATE saying no to a potential customer).

It will be disassembled for patterns once I receive it, and a kit (with probably no customers ;) ) will be available).

Jon

Edited by carbking (see edit history)

John, have you ever seen one of these used on a DB? I certainly have not seen or heard of everything but have never seen this Marvel before. Were they an improvement? Easier to adjust? What is the flexible conduit for? I have a Stromberg for DBs of which I understand there were two versions, one with an accelerator pump and one without. I've never tried it to see if it's an improvement or not. 

2 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

John, have you ever seen one of these used on a DB? I certainly have not seen or heard of everything but have never seen this Marvel before. Were they an improvement? Easier to adjust? What is the flexible conduit for? I have a Stromberg for DBs of which I understand there were two versions, one with an accelerator pump and one without. I've never tried it to see if it's an improvement or not. 

Could the accelerator pump be the enricher valve, and would that be the OD-1? Stromberg made one for the Ford Model T, the OF that is pretty much the same. I have been going through a Stromberg OD-1 but am missing the elbow the choke fits into and still have one plug to get out so all the passages can be cleaned.  

Have never seen one of these used on anything. My interest is only that I can fill a hole in my engineering samples files.

To my knowledge, neither the OF or OD used an accelerator pump.

In my opinion, the Stewart (Detroit Lubricator) (original to the DB) and Stromberg were two of the top three carburetor companies of the time (note: Marvel was NOT the third). While I have never performed a back-to-back test, I doubt very seriously whether one would see much difference in the Stewart versus the Stromberg.

Jon.

The M series carburetors were pretty basic, the O's would have had some type of enricher valve but no pump.

Other end of throttle cam operated rocker arm Stromberg OD-1:

DSCN1563.JPG

DSCN1564.JPG

Carb arrived. 

For any wishing to do business with Layden, he is quick to ship and does a MARVELous job of packaging. Highly recommend.

As to the carburetor - hey, a Marvel with a brass float!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will report more as I have time to inspect this thing.

Jon.

• Like 2