For Sale: 1966 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Formal Limousine w/ Landau Roof option, 49K miles - $9,500 - Terrell, TX - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Formal Limousine w/ Landau Roof option, 49K miles

1966 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Selling my beloved Fleetwood Limo.  Less than 50,000 actual miles. Might be the original spare tire...
Engine is strong.  No smoking, knocks or leaks. Transmission shifts like it should. Glass is all good.
Has the folding "jump seats", seating up to 9. A power window glass divider between driver and passenger areas. PS/PB. Dual AC and heat (non-op).
It has an interesting story! Purported to be the car used by the Mexican Consulate in Dallas. It had 2 grill emblems, one depicting the Mexican flag and the other was 1968 Olympics. Also have the "consular" license plate. I removed these but they will come with the car if you want them.
It had been sitting since 1975 when I bought it in 1999. A "barn find". I have a lot of old cars. I enjoy driving them all so none of them get many miles put on them. I've driven this car less than 2000 miles since I got it and invested the money to get it safely back on the road.
Clean title. Recent set of new tires. Less than 500 miles on them. Lights and turn signals work. 

Needs lots to be perfect. Needs almost nothing to just enjoy it around town.
Note: A couple pictures are from a professional photo-shoot it was used in.
Please use the Craigslist email response option to reply.
Copy and paste in your email: 4ddf46107eed3679a3bbf2541f16a57a@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Formal Limousine.

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 1,037 1966 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Formal Limousine produced but no number detailing how many of these limousines were ordered with the Landau Roof option.  The Landau Roof option included a full padded roof, closed rear quarters, and a tiny "opera" rear window for the utmost privacy. Stylish landau irons were also part of the package but were a delete feature for a cleaner look.

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX a.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX b.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX c.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX d.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX e.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX f.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX g.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX h.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX i.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX j.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX k.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX l.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX m.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX n.jpg

'66 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 TX o.jpg

• Like 1

I've always gravitated towards Limousines or 7-9 passenger LWB cars because they offer an opportunity to experience the limousine "feel and aura" that most of us could not experience when new. 

This one has a custom rear on the roof section as EmTee notes.  I suppose the consulate could have it however they wanted, this was when Cadillac still offered a lot of special order requests but there is likely little way to find the provenance for that. 

In any case, it greatly detracts from a nice $3,500 car.   This fellow has thrown his line in the water but there won't be any takers. 

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

I've always gravitated towards Limousines or 7-9 passenger LWB cars because they offer an opportunity to experience the limousine "feel and aura" that most of us could not experience when new

Driving in traffic with the blind rear windows using only the tiny side mirrors and navigating the 149” wheelbase and you quickly understand why chauffeurs are paid.  

These LWB cars are interesting and different, but they are not oriented toward a positive driving experience. This is reflected in their desirability and value in the car hobby. 

• Like 1