Vacuum manifold?

nmhenry

Anyone have a good vacuum manifold (the part that bolts to the top of the intake) i=or pictures of how they repaired or built a replacement?
 Broke one of the ports off it so I drilled it and JB welded a plastic vacuum fitting into it and I don't think it is holding.

I am sure I have posted similar photos but this should illustrate what I do. This item is a common item to be sure but a solid block is far stronger. The attached photo is of the block I made for my S/C engine which has some other ports available so the lines aren’t the same. In this case I used nylatron but I have also made from aluminum. Simply drill holes to be tapped for barbed fittings, 1/8” fnpt is plenty large. The big line to the rear isn’t needed for the Teves cars.  Drill two intersecting holes from the bottom to supply vacuum to the holes on the sides. Works best with a drill press but a hand drill works too. The example of the stock is a page from McMaster, .75thick x 1.0”wide. 22EEDF54-0F29-42C1-B5D8-80A2593F79D3.jpeg.4b1931835b67e1d730f675ee8ce08db7.jpegit won’t allow my photo of the catalog page🤨

• Like 1