Any Allard Experts in the Group: Tell me about this Allard K2

John_Mereness

Some of the K1's and K2's had Ford / Merc flatheads. But I think most of the cars that were sold to North America had the big overheads like Craig says.

Strange { front suspension } cars . And at times a bit evil handling because of it.  But wonderful all the same. 

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

On 10/18/2022 at 12:30 AM, Studemax said:

Was this race held on an Air Force base runway?

Sowega National Sports Car Race at Turner Air Force Base, Albany, Georgia, Octover 26, 1952 - the driver was Roy Scott of Dallas.  The car was owned by General Curtis Lemay.  General LeMay was not allowed to race.   The photo is of Joe Lunn at the wheel - 1952 Soapbox Derby Champion (a kid).   The car ran in the MW Tift Pioneer Trophy Race  under # 7 markings and clocked 130 on stright with Roy Scott at wheel - 3rd Overall.   The car supposedly also ran in the Strategic Air Force Race (another photo carries that text), though I do not see it on the listings. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 7:27 PM, 1912Staver said:

Some of the K1's and K2's had Ford / Merc flatheads. But I think most of the cars that were sold to North America had the big overheads like Craig says.

Strange { front suspension } cars . And at times a bit evil handling because of it.  But wonderful all the same. 

Yes, a friend just did a full alignment on one - it requires special tools for a Twin I-Beam Ford Suspension with some machined adapters. They were not known for the weak at heart.