1936 Buick 2dr coupe series 40 - Transmission interior is rusted with all gears frozen.

william puglisi

Transmission interior is rusted with all gears frozen. I've removed counter gear shafts. Universal joint ball and end plate assembly are suppose to come out (as per shop manual).Would a puller or slide hammer be the way to go to force it out? Would buy a replacement if one is available.  Thank You for your time and consideration.

Bill P.

1 hour ago, william puglisi said:

Transmission interior is rusted with all gears frozen. I've removed counter gear shafts. Universal joint ball and end plate assembly are suppose to come out (as per shop manual).Would a puller or slide hammer be the way to go to force it out? Would buy a replacement if one is available.  Thank You for your time and consideration.

Bill P.

Your location?

Photo's of your car?

Try Dave T, MN

The best source of pre war Buick parts is Dave Tacheny in Champlin, MN. He specializes in 1936-1941 Buick parts. He is old school:- no email. The best way to contact him is to call him between 4 and 7 pm Central at 763-427 3460. You can also write him a letter. His address is 11949 Oregon Ave N., Champlin, MN 55316. 

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/206688-dave-tachney/

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to 1936 Buick 2dr coupe series 40 - Transmission interior is rusted with all gears frozen.
1 hour ago, Ugly Rumor said:

I have a good transmission from a 1934 60 series.  Call me at (540) 493-8756 if you are interested.  It should fit.  I am in Roanoke, Virginia.

60 series won't fit.  You can use a 1934-35 Series 40 or 50.  In 1934-35, the 60 & 90 series used the large tranny,