Mystery Parking Light / Turn Signal?

Ron42Dodge

I would appreciate any help in trying to identify this light.  There is no part number on the bezel.  The Lense has the letters A-H-B  and  STC on it along with a 3 point star bust pattern made into it.  It has a cloth wire coming out of it so I'm leaning towards the 40's or 50s.

20220928_223224.jpg

20220928_223323.jpg

20220928_223330.jpg

20220928_223240.jpg

The bullet connector suggests Ford to me, and Ford used that three-point star design on a lot of accessory things in 50s. Possibly a backup lamp?

The contour of the bezel looks 53-55 Studebaker backup lamp but I've never seen one up close enough to know if those had a three point star moulded in the lens. Studebaker also used a three point motif on hood and decklid trim and wheelcovers.

All WAG's☺️.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dictator27 said:

The Tristar in the glass suggests early 1953 Studebaker.  It had to be changed because Mercedes objected.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds!☺️ with Studebaker handling North American Mercedes import and sales!

And once again I have learned something from the Forums.👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Talk about biting the hand that feeds!☺️ with Studebaker handling North American Mercedes import and sales!

And once again I have learned something from the Forums.👍

Studebaker also had to remove the Tristar off of the engine hood.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:20 AM, Ron42Dodge said:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I think it is a reverse light for a 1954 Studebaker Commander and 1955 Studebaker President.  Still looking to see if other models used it.

1955 Studebaker president 6.jpg

1954 Studebaker Commander.jpg

The backup lights for the coupes and hardtops look the same as the ones for the sedans but are different because the slope of the trunk lid isn't the same.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 12:55 AM, dictator27 said:

The backup lights for the coupes and hardtops look the same as the ones for the sedans but are different because the slope of the trunk lid isn't the same.

It is a shame there is no part number so I could tell which this is.  Cool piece for the wall if nothing else.  Thanks for that input.