How can I get VIN tags restored? 1949 Ford F-1

Angelfish

Try AER restoration. He makes new tags for generators and starters. Go to his website AER restorations. aerrestoraion.com Other place is in Canada. The gentleman has permission from the Ministry Of  Transportation. I think he advertises int he OLD AUTO magazine. I will check my body for his address and get back to you.

Hi Angelfish   jason@aerrebuild.com        wwwaerrebuild.com     517 345 7272,    866 228 0218   

Name,  Jason Smith.  16574 S. Bauer, Grand Ledge, MI 48837

Unless he is retired or with us no more. He rebuilt the generator for my 1928 DB. I know he sells on Ebay.

Another one is " WWW tagmyclassic".com,   905 852 0252,    cre84u@gmail.com

Harry 

On 9/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, dodge28 said:

Hi Angelfish   jason@aerrebuild.com        wwwaerrebuild.com     517 345 7272,    866 228 0218   

Name,  Jason Smith.  16574 S. Bauer, Grand Ledge, MI 48837

Unless he is retired or with us no more. He rebuilt the generator for my 1928 DB. I know he sells on Ebay.

Another one is " WWW tagmyclassic".com,   905 852 0252,    cre84u@gmail.com

Harry 

I talked to him last month.  He is still around.

• 2 months later...

Any company that specializes in photo engraving could probably do it. I used one who mainly did memorial plaques for the funeral industry to replicate the old ones off my Hupp. Brass with the black infill and the ones that were originally in alloy they did in stainless with the black infill.