Corvair parts

Barney Eaton

Just visited a Corvair owner that recently purchased the car and got lots of parts with it.   He did not know what he had so I went to help. 

He is putting together a list but mostly he has 65-69 (late model) parts.   I saw 6 + altenators,  starters with good snouts,  3 Monza dashes, 

2 late front suspensions,  a pair of late trailing arms,  assorted gasket kits with one or two gaskets missing,  a dozen new points, and condensors. 

I should have written down the accessory number from the box ,  he has 3 NOS under dash light kits,  and a child door lock kit, 

There are 2  1966  140hp partially disassembled engines and he claim he wants to keep one,  the other was originally a engine with automatic. 

There are 2  late differentials that he was told had positraction.... one is for a manual the other automatic and we could not see the code.

I know Corvair parts are seldom listed here and this is not a very good list.... but if you need any of the above, they are from rust free Texas cars. 

The parts are located in Kingsland TX

Contact me via PM  and I can direct you to the owner who is wanting to get rid of the parts..... he has pictures at this time but no list.  

• 3 months later...

What are you looking for?   The guy that I posted bout above had only late parts and they were mostly engine stuff. 

I know of another source but it is probably all late also.   The fellow (a good friend) passed about 3 years ago. 

His wife allow our club to go thru the outer storage building and there was a lot there, but mostly engine parts. 

He has a 30 x 40 shop and it has yet to be inventoried..  the widow is not well and I have offered several times to 

do a rough assessment of what he has.    He had a nice '66 Corsa convertible and a '62 Rampside but they are both gone. 

Body parts hold up very well in central Texas but there are not that many people with extra Corvair anymore.  

Thanks.  It's not for me, but a friend who's not in the AACA and just bought a "distressed" '62 Corvair Wagon that he saved from the crusher.  I have an email out to him to ask what he may need.  I'll get back to you after he gets back to me.  Sounds like you have mostly 2nd generation parts, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Have him contact/join NVCC, Northern Virginia Corvair Club, chapter of CORSA, if it is a local friend. Several cub members have parts stashes.

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/chapter220/

• Like 1

Thanks again.  It looks like for now, he needs the front lower valance panel for his '61 wagon.  He said he's found many of the other things he needs very recently.  He's not much of a car club guy, but I'll mention the NVCC to him.  

It does amaze me how many people who get a unique car will actively avoid groups of people who actually know the answers (people in the club) and forge ahead making all the mistakes people before them already made 50 years ago! 😁  It's the same ignore history and repeat it saying...

We old club members are here to help new owners get over the hurdles and avoid all the internet pitfalls (bad vendors and advice).👍

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)
  • Like 1