1938 DB Air filter

RonB

I inherited a 1938 Dodge Brothers when my dad passed away earlier in the year. It's been in storage and I'd like to bring it home, but when I went to get it I noticed that he had the air cleaner off for some reason. I found the air cleaner in his garage, but the filter wasn't in it.

Could someone share a picture of what the filter itself looks like so I might be able to locate it in the mountain of car parts he amassed over the years?

In the event I can't find it, is it possible to order one from somewhere?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, RonB said:

This is what I have. I'm just trying to determine what I need to find/add to make it functional.

38_cleaner1.png

You may not find what  your looking for because he may have disposed of the old element material.

I believe it should look something like this. Just buy enough to line the inside making sure you cut to size. 

OIL BATH AIR CLEANER FILTER ELEMENT | eBay

ENA30-0064_02.jpg

• Like 1

That is an after market air cleaner not a Chrysler/Dodge. The mesh material that was used was a gold color and similar to the ones they used to scrub pots and pans. Do not know if it is still available in grocery stores or hardware stores. I have a 38 if you need any help be glad to share with you.

• Like 1