For Sale 1950 Chevy in Illinois

Saw this on the side of the road about ten miles from my house.  By sheer coincidence I met the owner and chatted with him for a few minutes.  He wants $6500.  He says it runs and drives, good brakes and the trans is good.  The only problem he mentioned is loose steering that needs to be addressed.  The car has a nice paint job with a few nicks, but overall very good.  The interior has a few small tears, but is in pretty good shape.  The chrome looks real good.  Sorry for the poor pix, but I was driving for the local hospital and had to pick up a patient and didn't have much time.  I met the owner in the front yard of the patient's house.  He says it was a daily driver for years and has had limited use in the last three years.  He drove it to the spot where I photographed the car.  His phone is 217-563-7273.  Sorry, I didn't get his name.  I can go back and take more pictures or video and take it for a drive if anyone is interested.

Located in central Illinois, about 45 minutes east of Springfield.

zz1.jpg.aecca3a3bc460783e28c283f02f41eed.jpgzz2.jpg.27380af56554850cdd94d54835d09005.jpgzz3.jpg.fe37105bcd7a4d59759217268987c6b5.jpg

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Toby sebastien said:

That's not and answer🙄🙄

I don't own the car.  I posted this in the "Not Mine" section for that reason.  You can call the owner and get all the information you need.  If you're still interested I can help you with pix and other details.  Please have some common courtesy.  Thank you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taylormade said:

I don't own the car.  I posted this in the "Not Mine" section for that reason.  You can call the owner and get all the information you need.  If you're still interested I can help you with pix and other details.  Please have some common courtesy.  Thank you.

Good on you, @Taylormade, remaining civil when @Tony sebastien apparently misunderstood and chose to get snarky.

It would have been too easy to answer in-kind, perhaps escalating where not needed.

Thanks - this FORUM needs to stay calm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is a great car for me to start out with. It's all there. and doesn't appear to need too much work. I will call the gentleman selling it tomorrow. Thanks for the listing. 

You said you would be willing to take more photos. Would you be willing to inspect the car for me? I would pay you for your service, of course. Thanks again.

• Like 1

@DrumBobglad you saw this, if I were you I would give it some serious consideration.

Your research based search effort is right track, but don't ignore your gut, the right car will speak to you.  Been following yoyr efforts and honestly it is a bit of both. 

Anyway, good luck this may be the car!

• Like 1

Steve...Thanks for the reply. I have a feeling about this one for some reason. I'm calling the seller first thing tomorrow for a blow-by-blow description. I PM'd Mr. Taylor-Made and asked him if he'd check the car out for me. I'm excited. This could be the one.  

• Like 1