Need a 6 volt HEATER

sunnybaba

Hi... can you believe it... someone took the heater out of my vintage car... so I need a 6 volt heater.... that has a working fan and the core does not leak... does not matter the year or make... just a working heater. Please send a few photos and best price...   Contact;  sunnybabaspirit@yahoo.com 

A 12 volt heater will work ok on high.

Most heaters only reduce the voltage to make them run on low, so a 12 v heater on 6 volts runs like it is in low mode.

I have a 6 volt car with a 12v battery and I run the heater in low which produces heat as if it is in high.

• Thanks 1

This may be an off the wall suggestion but it may work for you. There is a fellow ( can’t remember his name because the grey hair is pulling the memory cells out of my head) on the Ford Truck Enthusiast forum that has rebuilt heaters. He is usually on the subgroup called  48-56 F-series trucks. 
wish I could be of more help. 
dave s 

Might help if you told us what kind of car and what year. I have a few old 6v heaters, one or two for Chevrolet pickup trucks of the early fifties, which also fit Chevrolet cars of the forties, and a couple of generic aftermarket box heaters, also a gas fired Southwind heater and a few VW gas heaters. So if you have a 1950 Chevy pickup, a 1966 VW bus or a typical low priced forties car I have you covered.

I only took the time to type all this out because I was bored. Like everyone else, when someone asks an open end question and doesn't give us anything to go on it is easier to close the page and move on. I suspect you might have gotten a heater by now if you told us what kind of car you want it for,there are plenty of them around. But if you can't be bothered, neither can we.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sunnybaba said:

Thanks for the info Rodger...... the heat is the same 6 or 12 volts, because it comes from the radiator core... the spinning of the fan is what circulates the warmth... I am still looking for a good 6 volt heater... anyone out there have one...??

I have a heater but I will need to get it out of the attic (tomorrow) and I will take some pics for you

Thanks, Joe... that heater you have is gas powered.. I am looking for a water heated one.......

Rusty... I sent you a PM... I am interested in your Chevrolet heaters... my car is a 1934 Chevrolet Master Town Sedan... just an original 'driver'... not restored.. 

41 minutes ago, sunnybaba said:

Thanks, Joe... that heater you have is gas powered.. I am looking for a water heated one.......

Rusty... I sent you a PM... I am interested in your Chevrolet heaters... my car is a 1934 Chevrolet Master Town Sedan... just an original 'driver'... not restored.. 

Reply to PM sent. To everyone else, Mr sunnybaba lives in New Mexico  and as he says, needs a heater for a 1934 Chevrolet sedan. So if you are not too far from New Mexico, and have a thirties Chevrolet accessory heater in good shape,here is a customer. I get the feeling an aftermarket accessory heater would be acceptable too if it was from the mid to late 30s.

There are always plenty around here at swap meets etc but then, I live in Canada, they may be very scarce in New Mexico.

Thanks again Joe... It looks awfully big to fit under my dash... could you measure it for me... (height, width & depth) ...and I would like a price you wanted..... minus the shipping

I am wanting to find one that have little doors to control the direction of air flow to either passenger or driver or both..... this one you have the whole side that has the core and faces the driver is always open and blowing... so I think I will pass on this one.. thanks for taking to trouble to look and send photos...  Sunny