IS IT FROM A STUDEBAKER PICKUP?

MIGUEL ANGEL

First, the lower photo of the gauges with cream-colored faces and gold lettering were used in 1941 Studebaker cars and in M-series trucks from 1941-48.  The first photo with the black-face gauges is probably not Studebaker, though I'm not absolutely sure, as the 2R series trucks of 1949-53 had the numbers on the inside of the glass, not on the black gauge faces.  This was true for both "A" and "B" type gauges.  The kilometer markings on the speedometer do confuse things, though a metric country would have had different oil pressure markings, as well.  Apparently, Stewart Warner sold the whole gauge cluster design to another car company.  For instance, the 1941 Hudson Commodore used a similar cluster. An interesting mystery!

1941-hudson-commodore-8-gauges.jpg.5b2f3f6e208be13935c05a10d3b59b23.jpg

1941 Hudson Commodore gauges.

• Like 2

Yes, confusing as it appears the speedometer is in miles per hour with a top end of 120MPH. If in kilometers it would only be 65MPH which cannot be correct unless for a truck with governor? Appears odometer may have used KM's which suggests it may have been for export. 

7 hours ago, Gary_Ash said:

First, the lower photo of the gauges with cream-colored faces and gold lettering were used in 1941 Studebaker cars and in M-series trucks from 1941-48.  The first photo with the black-face gauges is probably not Studebaker, though I'm not absolutely sure, as the 2R series trucks of 1949-53 had the numbers on the inside of the glass, not on the black gauge faces.  This was true for both "A" and "B" type gauges.  The kilometer markings on the speedometer do confuse things, though a metric country would have had different oil pressure markings, as well.  Apparently, Stewart Warner sold the whole gauge cluster design to another car company.  For instance, the 1941 Hudson Commodore used a similar cluster. An interesting mystery!

1941-hudson-commodore-8-gauges.jpg.5b2f3f6e208be13935c05a10d3b59b23.jpg

1941 Hudson Commodore gauges.

Thanks Gary_Ash, thank you for your help and useful information, im going to keep checking it, i forgot to mention that the speedometer had a governor! Regards!!

7 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Yes, confusing as it appears the speedometer is in miles per hour with a top end of 120MPH. If in kilometers it would only be 65MPH which cannot be correct unless for a truck with governor? Appears odometer may have used KM's which suggests it may have been for export. 

Im agree Gunsmoke, i forgot to say the speedometer has a governor! Thanks my friend!