For Sale: 1967 Buick Riviera GS - $12,500 (New Market) - Iowa - sold

Not Mine - not sure on price - but looks decent...

Description: Nice cruise night and Sunday driver. Looks good and a lot of car for the money, not perfect, but it is a 55 year old car with normal wear. You can enjoy as is or take it to the next level. $12,500 or best offer. odometer: 43233 - automatic (couple more pics in ad)

https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/new-market-1967-buick-riviera/7509700696.html

oooo100K0K_1Tgx9U8LQH7z_0KQ0qm_1200x900.jpg

oooo200j0j_jFWzzx11CVYz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

oooo600F0F_3x05NJNroRPz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

oooo700S0S_2CfWyjfemm9z_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

oooo800S0S_2xYkUbmQhBqz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

oooo301515_bojTo8ruY6Yz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

oooo500202_kXclecNvl0Cz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

oooo901717_71cPGqlGa1jz_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Edited by classiclines
sold (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hemmings article says "All Riviera's got the 430--in 1967, the GS option consisted of a special suspension, Posi-Traction differential, and red-line or white stripe tires....  ....Cloaking the Quadrajet on GS models was the wild, red fiberglass Star Wars air cleaner, so called because of its resemblance to something Han Solo might use to get from Tatooine to Dagobah."   An original air cleaner is difficult/expensive to source.

A little under hood detailing would really help sell this car. And, even if it doesn't work, put the AC compressor back on. I always wonder what other short cuts were done when I see missing or rearranged components...

11 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Thank you everyone.  This is interesting to read about and learn more.  Does the column shifter definitely rule out this being a true GS?

I don't think so, GS came either way, Google images and you'll see some with center console shift and some with column shift - this option was not part of GS package - I think this thread just identifies how much effort/cost involved to put this back into "original" GS condition

Edited by classiclines
finish thought (see edit history)

GS could have the strato-bench or bucket seats.  In addition to the full-length 'shifter' column, there was a short, 'consolette' available with the bucket seats.  In that case, the shifter stayed on the column.

As others stated, GS included the 'Star Wars' air cleaner, HD suspension and 3.42:1 posi.  I believe the transmission calibration was also different from the standard Riviera (i.e., a different 2-letter code on the trans ID plate).  This could still be a GS with missing air cleaner, but close inspection would be needed to verify.  My guess is someone stuck GS emblems on the fenders...

• classiclines changed the title to For Sale: 1967 Buick Riviera GS - $12,500 (New Market) - Iowa - sold