1971 Riviera Front Seat Swap

TheTaxMan

My 71 Riviera currently has a bench seat.  I have the opportunity to acquire a set of buckets (and maybe the console) from a 1973 Riviera.  Can someone tell me if 1) a 1973 bucket is the same as a 1971 bucket seat and 2) what other issues there might be in swapping from the bench to the bucket/console?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Damon

Mike,

I was referring to the floor mounted shifter console  I'm not sure I was aware there were more than the two options (bench seat or buckets with a floor mounted shift console).  Sorry if my description above was confusing.

Thanks

Damon

14 hours ago, TheTaxMan said:

Mike,

I was referring to the floor mounted shifter console  I'm not sure I was aware there were more than the two options (bench seat or buckets with a floor mounted shift console). 

Consoles were only available on bucket seat cars. The bench seats had fold down arm rests built into the center seat backs.

My point was there were two consoles available. One, the floor shifter version and, two, the "shorty" arm rest/storage version.

• Like 1

You'll need the bucket seat mounting brackets from the donor car and possibly console mounts. If it converts to floor shift you'll need the floor shifter cable and its associated grommets and brackets.

The seat brackets for the A-body cars are available reproduction. Not sure how close those are to fitting the E car floor.

• Like 1