1938 Buick Special Running Boards

likeold

• 2 years later...

Hunley Acuff of Georgia used to be the go-to guy for getting super high quality running boards for Buicks and many other makes. He gave up the business when health issues became a problem. I was advised that his business was purchased by Drew at Fat Fenders Kustomz, LLC of Heflin, Al; 770-502-5950. When Hunley was doing running boards, you would send him the old running boards. He would remove the rubber; sandblast the steel core; and bond new rubber to the restored cores. We had two sets of 1938 Roadmaster running boards prepared by him. The quality was perfect and they are still good looking after about 40-years.

I notice another reply on this topic from Bob Jones at www.fatfenderedtrucks.com. Same guy???

There's another guy in Vancover, Canada doing Roadmaster running boards. (My son and I have four different Raodmasters) We had two more sets done by him a few years ago. 

If Hunley gets a 100 rating for his boards, I would rate the boards from Canada at maybe a 75 to 80. Not the same pattern as the original, and not a smooth, high gloss, finish. 

I'm not the same as Fat Fendered Kystomz.  Never heard of the other Fat Fendered place but will check them out.  

I thought I heard someone in Canada bought Acuff's business equipment, I just assumed it was the guy in Vancouver so he could eliminate any competition.  I was just assuming, didn't know anything for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1