'38 Ford Sedan Reposted and reduced. Now $11,500

Was $13,500 in March.

The interior looks nice, and he has done a lot (if you can make it through the ad without falling asleep)

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/camarillo-1938-ford-standard-door-sedan/7483004782.html

This is an original, factory, period correct 1938 Ford. It’s known as the humpback for its touring sedan-style trunk. It’s a complete car. Any rust or rot this vehicle had has been repaired/replaced, with US made metal and US made patch panels. No rot or rust on this car. The hood is included and is now on the car. It was completely restored in the late 70s. The body was skim coated with bondo and it’s cracking/flaking off in certain areas(please zoom in/enlarge photos to see the imperfections). It could use body work/paint or just simply enjoy it, drive it as it’s. It does run, drive and stop smooth for its age. It steers well. I have a clean, clear CA title in my name. It’s currently registered and expires December 2022. It has the larger and less common (for this model) standard factory option 21 stud Flathead 221ci, 3.6liter v8 (85hp). The engine was rebuilt and it has about 6,000 easy miles on the engine/trans. It has been recently re-sealed with new gaskets. The odometer reads 1,000 miles (rebuilt Speedometer, odometer/gauge cluster) at time of drivetrain rebuild and will continue to go up as I do drive it weekly. It’s got oil pressure and it runs cool. I professionally flushed the complete cooling system (radiator and block), it idles between 160-170 degrees and runs between 160-180. New period correct ford script radiator hoses were recently installed. It has the factory 3 speed rebuilt (floor shift) transmission and rebuilt rear differential which work as they should. I’ve recently changed the oil in the engine, trans and rear differential. The fuel tank was also dropped, boiled, the fuel lines were all replaced, the fuel pump was replaced and it has a rebuilt Stromberg 97 carburetor. The bumpers have both been professionally rechromed, all the stainless/trim has been removed straightened/polished and I have about 2k in receipts to prove it. All the gauges and lights work as well as the horn. The interior, wood grain dash, wood grain window garnish moldings, seat and door panels are in great shape for their age. It has a new oil, temp and amp gauge. New oil and coolant sending unit, new speedometer gauge and cable, odometer works, new dimmer switch, rebuilt brake light switch, new bulbs, new factory style cloth wiring under the dash, through the firewall. New battery, cables, rebuilt generator, new belt, recent tuneup, plugs, wires, new coil, rebuilt water pump, still 6 volt, all the glass is there, but some of it is delaminating. The passenger side front and drivers side rear (flat glass) do have some cracks in them. All the window/lock mechanisms were lubed/greased/oiled. Both doors will lock from the inside. Exterior door lock is inoperable. All the windows roll up and down freely except for the drivers side rear. The trunk is in nice shape, has new factory style paneling, a new high quality reproduction Ford rubber trunk mat and has everything included from the factory. Tools and even the spare tire. This is a pretty well preserved car (besides the bondo) great example of a true, period correct early ford v8, that has been stored indoors the majority of its life. It’s getting very hard to find these original, factory, untouched cars. Great start for someone. It has good quality tires with plenty of tread left. I’ll include new trunk rubber, misc rubber, etc. Please respect my time, serious inquiries only. Call/text me at show contact info or email the link on this post. I prefer cash, but I am open to hearing trade offers. I’m asking $11,500.00obo cash or trade. The car is located in Camarillo, Ca. Thank you kindly I appreciate your time and interest. -Danny  (805) 444-1860

00w0w_eAKtyAAl5jvz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00909_4pBCY7wPF2z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00S0S_7lLN5YuHQZJz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00F0F_8xxm5tO87iYz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01010_cCgYeUvH5d5z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00404_6GulmCEkulbz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00w0w_22T8JBQvNHzz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00N0N_23DU50h7jQFz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

I question the electrical tape used on the main wire loom next to the firewall. Did the patch 80 year old wiring? After reading they did. So now you new wiring under the dash and I presume 80 year old wiring on exterior. That door looks terrible. I like old Fords but the car would be better priced at $8500 not 11,500. It's just a lot work to bring it back. If I were an interested buyer I would spend the time and money to personally inspect it.

• Like 1