WTB '64 rear defrost switch and resister.

Deanoko

3 hours ago, Deanoko said:

Title says it.  Also need the common chrome 64 knob. Thanks.

Steve Lorenzen has a complete 64-65 set up for sale on ebay. Talk to him directly and you can probably get it cheaper. He probably has the individual components in his stash as well.

Bill

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

Yeah, Tom and I talk.  He's doing a 4 note horn setup for me.  I have sourced the switch.  Just need the resistor AND the '64 switch panel with THREE labels (or incorrectly, just the '65 "accessory" switch tab label..)

Thanks.  

1 hour ago, Deanoko said:

Yeah, Tom and I talk.  He's doing a 4 note horn setup for me.  I have sourced the switch.  Just need the resistor AND the '64 switch panel with THREE labels (or incorrectly, just the '65 "accessory" switch tab label..)

Thanks.  

You might also try James Kehr, Best Offer Counts. Also in the Riview. 

Bill

On 4/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, Deanoko said:

Thanks Bill.  I've got several reach outs going.  Also need the resistor, but have sourced the switch.  Gene Guarnere is looking through his boxes for the 3 labels switch plate too.

I think that if know the properties of the resistor, you won't need a replacement Buck resistor; any resistor with the correct properties will work. 

You only need the resistor if you want two different speeds. I am guessing your RIVIERA will not be out in bad weather. If it is the defroster will work as long as the car heat is OK. Gene. I might even have a resistor if you think you really need it. 

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

I think that if know the properties of the resistor, you won't need a replacement Buck resistor; any resistor with the correct properties will work. 

I do not know the properties of the resistor, but would be amenable to learning what they are, rather than buying a "gold plated" one from a reseller.

Sigh... I understand the principle, its not rocket surgery, but so far no one has put an ohm meter across a buick resistor to tell me what I'm trying to replicate, or provided a number they've gotten out of a book, or pointed me toward a manual where I might find the info myself.  I'm not finding any on my own, and I'm not a newbie to chasing data.