Marvel carburetor blow-out sale!

carbking

Marvel carburetor blow-out sale

Still trying to downsize. Tried to sell lots of carburetors, but haven't had a lot of success. Sold all of the Stromberg 97's, and all of the Rochester B's, but other than that, "lots" have been 2 or 3 of the same number. What is listed below are Marvel carburetors. These are being sold as PARTS carburetors, AS IS, no guarantee, no return, although these are the same carbs I have been selling for decades. The difference is when I sell them retail, I look them over, and sell them with a rebuilding kit. The blow-out prices are much less than half.

When looking at the prices; prices INCLUDE packaging, postage, tracking, and insurance to any location in the USA.

Non-USA residents, sorry, but had so much trouble with lost and delayed shipments after COVID started, just not going to do non-USA shipping.

I have other Marvels which I have not taken the time to positively identify.

Many of these, I have multiples, others are one only.

Because of some being one only, orders will be accepted via telephone ONLY. I do not need two or more enthusiasts buying the same unit by PM or email, and then angry with me because I only had one.

Also have a large selection of Marvel factory literature: service, master parts, parts interchange, and change bulletins; please ask if interested.

VISA and MasterCard accepted.

One final item. These are what is listed on my inventory. I have bought no Marvels in the past 3 decades, and haven't seen these in about the same period of time. If I go to the shelf, and find a listed carburetor is missing, I will call, say I am sorry, and shred your order.

And if the columns are not perfectly in line, blame my technological ignorance. I have no trouble with column alignment on my own website.

EDIT: hard to call when I forgot to post the telephone number! 573-392-7378 (9-12, 1-4 Mon-Tues central time).

EDIT: I have deleted the list. We were starting to receive lots of interest, but folks wanted pictures, do the shafts move, does the air valve move, etc. These units were being sold as PARTS CARBURETORS.

I still have about 500 Marvels. These will be sold as rebuildable cores, with a rebuilding kits, and I will look each one over well. Of course the price is greater than for a parts carburetor.

I apologize for listing these in the first place. Guess I do not know the meaning of "parts carburetor".

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I am somewhat surprised at the mild interest at these prices. (At least it isn't no interest).

I have placed these on my website, so you have a future interest and lose this thread; you will find them on my website.

Also, will sell these retail (retail sales, I look over the carb, furnish missing parts, if any; and include one of our rebuilding kits) at a higher price.

Marvel carburetor blow-out

Jon

• Like 1

Paul - with absolutely NO offense meant; COVID has REALLY messed up international shipping.

Before we quit completely, the last three shipments to Canada: (1) never arrived, still looking, NO insurance payoff because still looking, (2) arrived 11 weeks, (3) arrived 7 months!

Even when you can show a tracking number to the customer, they are NEVER happy with results like the above, and I don't own a shipping company, so totally beyond my control.

If folks are going to grumble about us, better to grumble about a no-sale, than the service we were seeing.

We still sell a lot of kits to both Canada and Europe, but the customer has an account with a shipping drop box in the USA, to which we can send packages.

Jon. 

5 hours ago, carbking said:

Paul - with absolutely NO offense meant; COVID has REALLY messed up international shipping.

Guessing usps? 

The places that own their aircraft seem to be back to normal, I bought some stuff from Lehmans (I try to buy things made in our allies/friendly countries) and they used fedex and in had it in 3 days. 

the package forwarding services work ok as well, haven’t had anything go missing from eBay’s 

How about kits?  I need one for a '30 - '32 Pontiac 6

Carb #      Body #

10-781      10-192

10-955     10-228

10-992     10-268

I presume you don't have springs for these but what do the kits contain?  Do they have parts for the economizer circuit?   Do you have replacements or advice on the cork floats on these carburetors?

I also need a kit for a '28 Packard 526.

Carb #      Body #

10-781      10-192 - Kit CS-251

10-955     10-228 - Kit CS-252

10-992     10-268 - Kit CS-297

I presume you don't have springs for these but what do the kits contain?  Do they have parts for the economizer circuit?   Do you have replacements or advice on the cork floats on these carburetors?

I also need a kit for a '28 Packard 526. - Kit - CS-1730.

The Marvel kits contain: fuel valve, air valve spring (new reproduction), pontoon portion of float (not the arm, which is reusable), gasket set, and body screws.

The DL kit contains: fuel valve, gaskets, body screws. Sorry, but ran out of air valve springs, and not economical to reproduce them at my age.

Jon.

6 hours ago, carbking said:

Carb #      Body #

10-781      10-192 - Kit CS-251

10-955     10-228 - Kit CS-252

10-992     10-268 - Kit CS-297

I also need a kit for a '28 Packard 526. - Kit - CS-1730.

The Marvel kits contain: fuel valve, air valve spring (new reproduction), pontoon portion of float (not the arm, which is reusable), gasket set, and body screws.

The DL kit contains: fuel valve, gaskets, body screws. Sorry, but ran out of air valve springs, and not economical to reproduce them at my age.

Jon.

Sent you email with what I want and some questions.  - Thanks, Rob