1931 Studebaker President - need usable head for engine

I am in the process of having my 1931 President sedan engine rebuilt.  Just learned the head was previously repaired and is now again cracked running from one combustion chamber to the adjoining one across the head bolt hole. Not repairable.   Looking for a usable President head.  Please contact me if you have one or have any leads. Thank you!

Ed W

wewenger@comcast.net

13 hours ago, Studebaker66 said:

I am in the process of having my 1931 President sedan engine rebuilt.  Just learned the head was previously repaired and is now again cracked running from one combustion chamber to the adjoining one across the head bolt hole. Not repairable.   Looking for a usable President head.  Please contact me if you have one or have any leads. Thank you!

Ed W

wewenger@comcast.net

Ed, I'm interested in who is doing the engine for you. Or, are you doing the work yourself?  I'm interested in getting my 31 six rebuilt, but there's not a lot of shops willing to take it on.

Call 413-543-9017 and ask for John.......he had a head in the shop a while back for sale...........leave a message slowly and clearly with a number......repeating it twice. 

9 hours ago, Tom Devoe said:

Ed, I'm interested in who is doing the engine for you. Or, are you doing the work yourself?  I'm interested in getting my 31 six rebuilt, but there's not a lot of shops willing to take it on.

Hi Tom,

LaSalle Engineering in Breezewood, PA.  Not without issues finding a place to do babiting, place to make oversize pistons, round up other parts - slow process.  They do all machine work in house. They also do racing engines and diesel engines. Owner Chuck seems knowledgeable and is quite friendly.  I chose them as they did a 1930's Chevrolet engine for a friend promptly and reasonably. Mine not so prompt. Do not know the reasonable part yet.

Ed Wenger

19 hours ago, Studebaker66 said:

Hi Tom,

LaSalle Engineering in Breezewood, PA.  Not without issues finding a place to do babiting, place to make oversize pistons, round up other parts - slow process.  They do all machine work in house. They also do racing engines and diesel engines. Owner Chuck seems knowledgeable and is quite friendly.  I chose them as they did a 1930's Chevrolet engine for a friend promptly and reasonably. Mine not so prompt. Do not know the reasonable part yet.

Ed Wenger

Hi Ed,

I am from East Berlin, just an hour east of you.  Where did you end up getting your babbit, and pistons from?

Kind regards