What is it? Gauge on Cole Dashboard from 1916

kfle

Unfortunately, I don't have a higher resolution picture, but this is a dashboard from a 1916 Cole.  I am trying to determine what the gauge is with the green and red on it.  I have not seen another and am wondering if it is an accessory or maybe even something later that was added to this car.  Any help or thoughts is appreciated.  No photo description available.

3 hours ago, kfle said:

Unfortunately, I don't have a higher resolution picture, but this is a dashboard from a 1916 Cole.  I am trying to determine what the gauge is with the green and red on it.  I have not seen another and am wondering if it is an accessory or maybe even something later that was added to this car.  Any help or thoughts is appreciated.  No photo description available.

Just a guess but I'm thinking it's original to the car - the black background and the bezel and three rivets (screws?) on it more-or-less match the other two gauges.  What are the writing/symbols on the green and red circles?

Kfle, I'm getting old and my hard drive is full. After thinking about this, I think it is a gas gauge remote for the dash. Like I said, I had one of these NOS in the box years ago. Tells how much gas you have in your tank with a remote float. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full, and near empty. 

Jim

Edited by 34LaSalleClubSedan (see edit history)