1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Headliner Colors & Where To Buy Replacement From

JJCarter

Hey guys,

I've got a 1941 Dodge D-19 that needs the headliner replaced. The one that is currently in there is complete but real ugly. Multiple colors. Big stains. I have no idea what happened to it or how it came to look like this, but I'm looking for a replacement one to put in there. Anyone have a color scheme or color chart showing what the original color choices where?

Two problems with this: One, I can't figure out the color it originally was. Two, who do you recommend getting a replacement pre-sewn headliner from?

IMG_4175.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_4173.JPG

When you start pulling that old headliner down and out, please wear more than a dust mask!  Work outside with all the windows and doors open, maybe (hepa) vacuum as you go.  Proceed slowly, you will need the rods that are behind the seams to be unbent and reusable.  Derust and paint the rods before resuse.  You don't want rust to bleed into your new headliner.  You will probably want to wirebrush and POR15 or paint the roof and maybe install a sound deadener while you are in there.  Good luck with your project!  Greg