Tim Considine, Racing author & Actor, Dies at 81

f.f.jones

A sports and racing enthusiast, he wrote several books including 1983's "The Language of Sport," 1997's "American Grand Prix Racing: A Century of Drivers & Cars" and 2018's "Twice Around the Clock: The Yanks at Le Mans."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tim-considine-my-three-sons-and-patton-actor-dies-at-81/ar-AAUD8aD?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz

Inspiring Automotive Enthusiast

Tim-Considine-Main.jpg

Tim Considine is the author of the book Twice Around The Clock – The Yanks at Le Mans, a massive multi-volume, unapologetically chauvinistic personal history of hundreds of American drivers and the American cars that have participated in the epic 24 Hours of Le Mans. Yanks is a frank, sometimes blunt, personal account told in great part by the players – the drivers, mechanics and team owners who were there, which is what makes the work unique.  As Tim likes to say, “Yanks adds humanity, and a fair bit of profanity, to history.”  Each of the three volumes (four more to come) is close to 120,000 words in length with approximately 300 curated black and white and color images from around the world, interspersed throughout – many never seen before. It is the culmination of Tim’s research and interviews conducted for over 28 years and written over the last six years and Volumes I-III cover from 1923 through 1979. Twice Around The Clock – The Yanks at Le Mans was voted Best Book of the Year by the Motor Press Guild and the author given their highest honor, the Dean Batchelor Award for Excellence in Automotive Journalism.

Untold Reality Stands Behind Tim Considine's Cause of Death - US day NewsAmazon.com: Walt Disney's Spin and Marty - 1956 Dell Television comic Four  Color #767 - Tim Considine & David Stollery photo cover : Collectibles &  Fine ArtAnnette and Tim Considine (ca 1959) | Vintage movie stars, Mouseketeer,  Annette funicelloTim Considine, Actor on 'My Three Sons' and 'Spin and Marty,' Dies at 81

Edited by f.f.jones (see edit history)

If anyone is tired of current events and wants to relax

and watch a wholesome show with family values, here

is Tim Considine in a serialized Disney drama from his

teen-age years.  The show, also featuring Annette Funicello

of Mickey Mouse Club fame, is here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoyed his books! As I was reading them, I often reflected on his amazing life; born into the film business, he had a D type Jag as a teen ager and sometimes got to kiss Annette Funicello. Hard to beat that!

• Like 1

Sorry to read of his passing, as a kid in the 1960's I remember him in both shows, never knew he was into cars in real life. The only episode of My Three Sons that I recall a little of involved a girlfriend who had a supercharged small blocked late 1930's Chevy Coupe. Actor and author he has left a lot for us to remember, Rest in Peace.

Bob 

• Like 2

So sorry to hear this. I had the privilege of working with him in person on a couple writing projects in 2000. I didn’t know who he was when I signed on. We stayed in touch occasionally over the years, he visited us in Chicago and we stayed at their place in Los Angeles. He was a warm, enthusiastic and modest guy. A wonderful man who made a lifelong impression on my wife and me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like Bob I remember him from the tv shows growing up in the 1960s . I knew he was into cars ,but had not thought of that for years.  Did not know about the books he wrote as I am not into sports cars. I like land yachts and ocean liners with wheels so have focused on that . He gave great enjoyment watching him on the series when I was a kid. RIP.

• Like 2