1943 Chrysler Industral Flathead Six

Brian Dillon

Hi I've had this motor in my family for sixty years. It has been stuffed away in a garage all that time. 

origanally used during WWII for an axillary Cival Defence fire pump engine, in Col Ohio.

I assume it is a 1943 or older due to it being installed on the pumpers frame, that year stamped on it.

It was not used then and only used once to fill a pond from a stream in 1956. It starts and runs great, but not sure what restored car or truck used these engines. I know they were the workhorse for the military during the war.

Type FET-105-506  Serial 11743

Any information would would be appreciated.IMG_1366.jpeg.a9eec145ec0dd6cbc2bc6524cc86af8f.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1356 (1).jpeg

11 hours ago, Brian Dillon said:

but not sure what restored car or truck used these engines

Those engines were manufactured for industrial applications for anything from stationary pumps to combines, fork lifts and all sorts of things.  They actually had separate service manuals and parts books.  Chrysler continued to produce various Industrial engines for years including the 331 Hemi.  

Don

Also worth keeping in mind, that industrial or marine application engines are/were usually designed and intended for different type of operational service than commonly found/used in automotive applications.

Several years ago my neighbor had to get a new well dug on his property.  The truck mounted well driller was a 1960s unit with a Chrysler industrial engine running the drilling gear.  It was fun to see the old beast in action!

• Like 1