!! Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac Swap Meet Feb. 20th !!

1965rivgs

Our annual, local swap meet is a "GO" for next weekend. See the attached flyer for specifics.

As usual, I will have a swap space... so if anyone needs any first gen parts and would like to pick up while at the swap meet, please send me a PM. Of course, to those not planning to attend, I can also ship as per usual.

Thanks,

Tom

BOPC swap  flyer.jpg

• Like 1

Tom, wish I could handle the 19 hour drive from Maryland to the swap meet.

I did not know about the meet, but many meets get by me these days.

Hope you have a good meet and some fun along the way. If you come across any Dinsmore for the 63 with a light keep me in mind. I need another.

Turbinator

47 minutes ago, Turbinator said:

Tom, wish I could handle the 19 hour drive from Maryland to the swap meet.

Turb,

Tom is smack dab in the middle between us.

I'd like to attend too.

I have maybe 2 'big' annual swap meets/shows in my area.

I usually hop-in a convoy with my eastern friends for a trek to the Syracuse Natn'ls 3rd week in July pending cheap airfare. Canadians were shut-out last summer with borders closures.

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)

On 2/12/2022 at 8:27 PM, XframeFX said:

Turb,

Tom is smack dab in the middle between us.

I'd like to attend too.

I have maybe 2 'big' annual swap meets/shows in my area.

I usually hop-in a convoy with my eastern friends for a trek to the Syracuse Natn'ls 3rd week in July pending cheap airfare. Canadians were shut-out last summer with borders closures.

I never thought of riding or caravan with other members to meets. I suppose working in my little shop shining hubcaps and rebuilding dash pads clouds my thinking. Maybe I should wear a mask? 🙂 

I know Syracuse MUST be cooler or less humid in July compared to central Maryland. I’ve worked hard to get my 63 Road Trip reliable. You never can tell when what you just had rebuilt is going to fail. Literally, the only item I have Not rebuilt or changed under the hood is the water pump. I could be forgetting something like heater fan, but not much. How many times have you had a radiator fan blade shatter? The fan blade shattered and fortunately Tom Telesco was riding shot gun and came up with a fix. Finding a 5 blade fan was not hard, but media blasting the blade to be clean enough to powder coat took a long time. Stuff breaks on these old cars and you have to keep after maintenance if you expect everything to work. Actually, I don’t mind it if I jacked around the AC for five years to get it working. Expense to keep these babies “ right” can be measurable.

Turbinator

Edited by Turbinator
Word (see edit history)
  • Like 1