Possible carburetor choke bezel?

harvest

10 hours ago, sagefinds said:

I think that attaches to a firewall under a dash and connects to a manifold heater.

that info helps. it came from a estate that had a 37 cord, 55 jag and a teens model T.  i dont  think this part belonged to one of them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, harvest said:

that info helps. it came from a estate that had a 37 cord, 55 jag and a teens model T.  i dont  think this part belonged to one of them? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Jag and the Cord would have had factory hot water heaters,your piece is Model T era but I think about all of the manifold heaters were aftermarket. A lot of the covers had AUTO-LITE cast into them. Your piece I would say is one of a deluxe variety with one of the higher price and quality systems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sagefinds said:

The Jag and the Cord would have had factory hot water heaters,your piece is Model T era but I think about all of the manifold heaters were aftermarket. A lot of the covers had AUTO-LITE cast into them. Your piece I would say is one of a deluxe variety with one of the higher price and quality systems.

Sage, thank you for directing me to the model T era on this part.  i never seen one like this before. made of heavy cast iron. 

3 hours ago, oldford said:

A bunch of Model A Fords had holes cut in the firewall for heater shutters like that. Great way to dump carbon monoxide into the cabin...

Frank

My 1930 Ford sedan delivery had one like this.

I could smell the hot oil but with all the fresh cold air coming in almost every where there was little carbon monoxide or heat.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...