Super Car Week and Cavallino in Palm Beach this week.

edinmass

Over the years I have learned how to get into a lot of events by “helping out” other collectors. I refuse to pay to get into any of the big shows.......since I usually drive a car on the show field at 6am no one is checking that early. The Cavallino show today was 475 per person.......if I didn’t want to eat the lunch I wouldn’t have needed any passes or tickets........so I could have been in and out for free.........knowing the system makes working around it easy. That said, we were displaying a car and thus you receive two tickets for no charge.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

So the food is pretty much free,  but it's the entertainment that's expensive.   Got it.    

I was thinking if it was just the food it better be your choice of Dodo bird or Unicorn with a fresh Beverage from Ponce De Leon's Fountain. ;) 

Ponce De Leon’s water from the fountain of youth is rather brackish........this water was the best, the best tasting water on the planet......no better.....good stuff! 🤪

It was delicious! Best I ever had......and I have had them all!

23148B7A-F064-4697-A2EA-8F5B350D07FB.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I can appreciate good automotive artistry, in almost any genre. I enjoyed driving the Audi TT roadster we had for a few years.

I also like to see people having an enjoyable time, doing things with friends of like minds. (Something I have rarely done for too many years now!) And if these are the kind of cars they like best? I enjoy seeing those people enjoy those cars! 

For me? I would love to have a couple really fast nickel era cars. Certainly, a Stutz would be wonderful! But I can have a lot of fun with a good model T speed car. A nice speedster or racing car capable of 70 to 80 mph is fun to drive for hours on end! I have had three that ran in that range and loved them. Guess I need another.

9 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

is that litter along the roadway

If it's anything like where we live,  we can clean up the entire roadway and someone will throw something out on it,  literally as you are walking up with the garbage in your hand and it's a 2 lane back road.  You can't control people with no class, they travel everywhere and most likely don't live anywhere near there, though a dedicated season on them might help prevent future problems.  We have several hundred feet of road frontage that I mow and I swear they still purposely aim for the driveway/ mail box.  I saw one guy stop and throw his brush off.   Not like they don't take it for free 2 miles up the road at the dump.  Fortunately it was on the other side and most of it ended up over the bank. 

• Like 2