For Sale: 2003 Ford Thunderbird, James Bond edition, in Sunset Coral

Not quite antique, but collectible and desirable 

since it was made!  I have never seen one of these:

A 2003 Thunderbird, sunset coral paint, James Bond edition.

This unusual color was available only with this special edition,

and only for one year.  With 30,000 miles, this car seems

realistically priced at $21,000.  It is stated to be in Trenton,

Michigan.

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/98798

There is no phone number in the ad.  Here's the description:

"Ford Thunderbird Convertible. James Bond 007 Series #70 out of 700 made.  Florida Car. garage Kept. White Hard top  with holding rack. 30,000 miles 8 Speakers, AM/FM radio, Audiophile ETR AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash 6-CD,CD player, Premium audio system: Audiophile, Radio data system, Air Conditioning, Automatic temperature control, Front dual zone A/C, Rear window defroster, Power driver seat, Power steering, Power windows, Remote keyless entry, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Four wheel independent suspension, Speed-sensing steering, Traction control,4-Wheel Disc Brakes, ABS brakes, Dual front impact airbags, Dual front side impact airbags, Front anti-roll bar, Passenger cancellable airbag, Rear anti-roll bar, Delay-off headlights, Fully automatic headlights, Panic alarm, Security system, Speed control, Body side moldings, Bumpers: body-color, Power door mirrors, Auto tilt-away steering wheel, Convertible roof lining, Driver door bin, Driver vanity mirror, Front reading lights, Illuminated entry, Leather Shift Knob, Leather steering wheel, Outside temperature display, Passenger vanity mirror, Power convertible roof, Tachometer, Telescoping steering wheel, Tilt steering wheel, Front Bucket Seats, Front Center Armrest, Power passenger seat, Passenger door bin, Glass rear window, Variably intermittent wipers, NON SMOKER.

Price $21,000."

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Those cars are ok, my neighbor has one in turquois. Seems priced in line for the mileage. I think they have bottomed out and are holding steady now. Not sure what the James Bond thing is all about, guessing it was a dealer promotion. I dont recognize any of the movies after Roger Moore so I wouldnt know but maybe there was a movie came out same time this car was sold?

On 12/31/2021 at 10:14 AM, TAKerry said:

Those cars are ok, my neighbor has one in turquois. 

When you say "okay," do you mean just on

the borderline of acceptability?  Do you mean

they are not especially reliable?

I sat in one, once, and found headroom quite limited.

Any insights you can provide will help fellow collectors.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

These are pron to problems . I have yet to see one that the cd player works

and the spark plug fill up with oil and short out the coils.

One year engine 3.9 v8 not the most powerful ! also the windows that go down 1/2 when

the door open don't always go back up when they are closed . Just my experience

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2