'22 Big Six Battery Replacement Recommendation Needed

Kfigel

The Car Quest "Farm and Commercial" 6V battery that came in my car is only getting up to "Fair" in two of its three cells, so I'm going to look to replace it so I know exactly what I have in the car going forward.  Can anyone suggest an appropriate replacement battery?  I believe the electrical system is all original and the original Willard battery would have been 6V, around 120 amp-hour (they didn't rate the cold cranking amp back then, correct?)  The Car Quest data is pretty much worn off so I can't tell exactly what the previous owner put in there.  I'd like to come down on the side of going with higher amps for cranking the old gal - make sense?  Also, was there a (steel) battery box that the battery sat in?  Mine is on a secured piece of plywood - figured the original frame may have corroded away (?).  Thanks 

If you don’t mind something that doesn’t come close to looking original, the Optima battery is a great choice. Otherwise, just go with a good six volt battery and make sure you have clean connections and 6 volt wiring (ie “0” or “00” gauge cable).

• Like 1