1935 coupe / sedan rear mounted spare tire quwstion

Howdy all, can anyone explain the different mountings of the rear spare tire from coupe to sedan? I have a couple off of sedans and I would like to use on my coupe project, but I feel now after looking at photographs and installing the pieces to the frame of my coupe that there is a big difference. I looked in the parts book but found only one set of numbers for both the sedan and coupe. Did I read it wrong? Has anyone out there tried this? Unfortunately, I already cut the hole below the trunk lid for the pipe that slides into the receiver bolted to the frame. I'd like to solve this mystery before painting. Thanks!!

• Like 1

This post intrigued me, so today I finally remembered to take the cover off my ‘35 Commander sedan and look at the spare tire mounting.  I remembered that the access door to check the tire pressure on mine was at the top, and Rex’s Roadster has it at the bottom.  I tried rotating the tire around so that the valve stem is at the bottom, but no matter which mounting studs I put it on, it was not going to line up.  So there’s another difference between Roadsters (and maybe Coupes) and sedans

the real question is:  How did Rex manage to install the covers without ruining the paint?  I know the answer, but I’ll put it out there for a consensus.

Tom

47714466-5BF3-4298-837F-4D38FF391C2A.jpeg

4AFB62FA-E974-47DD-A0E8-37E7E910C393.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...