Window seal.

trini

I have the original window glasses for my 1928 Dodge Senior 4 door. I got replacement with 2 ply laminate. Excellent job done by the supplier. The channel run I bought from a popular supplier just will not work. It is not the supplier's fault. The channel run gets stuck halfway down and will neither go down nor comes up . In the process of pulling  it up with a pliers the glass broke. Same problem in all windows.  I tried wiggling the handle up and down  and was able to get one 3/4  way down but the riser wheel keeps falling off.. I tried wirebrushing the back of the channel run but it did not help.So far I ruined about 30 feet of channel run. I cannot get pictures from down the channel but at the point of 3/4 ways down the overall opening is narrower. The old channel run was a different material something like felt used in the manufacturing of hats. Not available now. I am considering using the channel run  from  '55 '56 chevy trucks supplied by Ecler. Any advice ?        

I went on the Zoro site. They look impressive. I phoned to get some information and was kept on hold for 1 hour. I just got fed up and hang up. If that is the way they do business may god help them.  These days it is difficult to place trust in people. However there are good people still around. 

3 hours ago, trini said:

I went on the Zoro site. They look impressive. I phoned to get some information and was kept on hold for 1 hour. I just got fed up and hang up. If that is the way they do business may god help them.  These days it is difficult to place trust in people. However there are good people still around. 

Might be prudent to try again and ask to be called back when that department is not so busy.

I find that I get calls back about half of the time. At least often enough (or not) to decide if I want to do business.