1927-1930 Wooden Cargo Trailer

When you advertise give information as to : wheel and tire size, over all size of the trailer,  what axle is underneath , show photo of hitch arrangement.

and location. All of this will be asked and if you provide first you won't get a lot of people just dismissing it due to lack of information.

Also photo of hub cap if in place. It’s probably not an item a car guy wants, it’s something that hobby farmers like to have around to add nostalgia. I usually buy and sell those items in farm&garden on Facebook and Craigslist back in the day. The value is the wheels to a car guy if they fit his car........that said wheels can be worth 25 to 300 each......depending on car, size, and condition. If I were interested in it I would offer 100 or 150 max. That’s me, doesn’t make me right. It’s probably gonna be hard to sell. In instances of this type of thing we have a saying.......... your first offer is usually your best offer. Take whatever you can get.

• Like 1

Most of these type trailers were home made or farm built during the 1920s and 1930s. A small percentage may have been factory made or local craftsman offerings. Automobile parts suppliers offered parts such as fenders and hitches for those that didn't want to make those pieces themselves.

Model T Ford people tend to like such trailers more than any other area of the hobby. Many active model T people tour extensively, and some go on long camping excursions, either alone, or in groups.

However, most model T people are notoriously cheap. So even there the prices won't be a lot. Nice trailers do sometimes sell in the four to six hundred dollar range. Others, might be lucky to get one hundred.

The likely best place for an easy sale at a fair price is the MTFCA forum classifieds. It has the widest audience of people crazy enough to actually want one.

• Like 1

Just for kicks and giggles, check out this thread on this forum. Dean Yoder for several years used a trailer with camping gear. Now he has a model T with the camping gear incorporated into it. Dean has been touring all over the continental United States for quite a few years now. He is generally regarded as the master of T traveling! However, there are a few people hoping to catch up with him. Several small groups have annual tours to way out of the way places. One group about a year ago spent a couple weeks touring all around Nevada and Utah. They spent days in Death Valley, and more days going through most of the National Parks and monuments in Utah. They camped the whole trip.

The trailer Dean's friend is towing is larger than what most T people use. 

The joke that goes around it that Dean has driven his T to 49 states. The only reason he hasn't driven to the 50th state is they haven't built the bridge yet!

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/366099-follow-dean-yoder-as-he-travels-the-two-lane-in-his-model-t/?tab=comments#comment-2248266