Help, what make and vintage is this transmission

alsfarms

You can see some photos of my White transmission as you scroll though this thread. Looks a little different but may be an earlier version. The shift lever sure looks the same.  

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/197464-dating-an-early-white-truck/page/2/

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello Dave,

What year is your White truck?  I thought light industrial of some sort but just can't imagine a progressive transmission in either a trick or car later than  about 1912.  I agree with Wayne, casting doesn't look to me like it would be a 05-10 transmission when progressive types were still in use.

Al

If you follow the link you will see my truck is a 1925. They did not change much from 1915 until then. Things were updated and changed in the1926 models. The more I look, the more I'm certain it is a White transmission. Even the serial number is stamped in the same place on the motor mount horn. Actually you will see once you get it loosened up that it has 4 speeds forward and a reverse. The shift lever slides side to side on the shaft as well as front and back. It is a Gate Shift design. Some of these White Transmissions of this design have Over Drive from the factory. 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)