In my childhood I was told the car my dad is sitting was a '32 Plymouth convertible

Dale Pa

I now own a '32 Plymouth PB coupe convertible, I noticed multiple differences to this vehicle, this has a horn ring, the windshield frame is slanted, the window crank and door handle are reversed, the rear window is much larger, and the top is shorter

6308.jpeg

Looks like a 33 PD convertible coupe.  Not a 32 because that year had a windshield post that was part of the body.  Doesn't look like a 34 because the door top garnish molding is thin, 33 style rather than the wider 34 style.  Can't see the front of the inside door panel which would tip it off, the winder for the vent window would be seen (which doesn't exist on the 33 PD Plymouth).  Could also be the equivalent 33 Dodge convertible coupe.  Only other potential is an early 30s Chevy convertible which had a similar windshield post.  My vote goes to the 33 Plymouth PD convertible coupe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

Looks like a 33 PD convertible coupe.  Not a 32 because that year had a windshield post that was part of the body.  Doesn't look like a 34 because the door top garnish molding is thin, 33 style rather than the wider 34 style.  Can't see the front of the inside door panel which would tip it off, the winder for the vent window would be seen (which doesn't exist on the 33 PD Plymouth).  Could also be the equivalent 33 Dodge convertible coupe.  Only other potential is an early 30s Chevy convertible which had a similar windshield post.  My vote goes to the 33 Plymouth PD convertible coupe.

Did you mean '33 PC ?  I believe PC came out in late 1932 per Ply33 site .

• Like 1

I searched for photos of both the PD and PC, they both have the slanted window post, what bothers me is the large rear window on my dad's. I know my '32 PB, the rear window can be unhooked at the bottom and folded up into the roof and attached to the roof straps, wonder if it was the same with the other two, as they seem to have small rear Windows also?