1937 dodge wrecker

Porsche 68

Went to our local car show last night when a friend said hey check out the old tow truck coming in! The truck turned out to be a 1937 dodge wrecker that I had lusted after since I was a teenager The Dodge dealer had it since it was new I was after it for years I used to play in it when I young when I got my driver license I would drive there and beg the old man to sell it to me this guy got rid of nothing cars he took in trade in the 40s through the 70s when the place finally closed His son tried to keep the place afloat by using it as a jiffy lube and eventually the town started to get on him about all the old cars laying around and they just started hauling cars out so I said please please if you won’t sell the tow truck at least can we push it inside to preserve it! There it sat for many years it disappeared and the beautiful Art Deco building was torn down . The man who owns it now has an industrial pipe company and he plans on preserving it lovely

EE9C7E0B-3A5F-4560-9320-6A6B9C985B48.jpeg

• Like 11

That is quite a story.

You chased this truck for years only to see it go to someone else.

Any chance you can talk the current owner out of it?

I have been on both sides of this before. I chassed a 1970 442 W-30 for 20 years just to have it sold out from under me. But then I chassed a 69 442 4 speed for 13 years and ended up getting it. Been chasing a 68 442 4 speed now for 10 years and I think that one will eventually work out in the next 10 years sometime. 

That sure is a cool tow truck though.