windlace kit Chevy to Pontiac

john hess

I don't know. What is in a windlace kit? I imagine just windlace? Why not buy bulk windlace? The Chevrolet body is a little smaller I think, and I would wonder if you would get enough. Best of luck whatever you do.

the presewn kit has the cardboard pieces sewn in place.. one for A pillar and one for divider post between front and back door.  national chevy has them, I'm just trying to verify the dimensions are the same.... I would think so, being that doors are one of the few things that will fit both cars of same year... these 53 54 pontiacs are somewhat unique....!!!. 

• Like 1

Some Pontiacs are chevy size, some are bigger.  The Canadian and the "Cheap" model should be the same.  There is usually a bit extra of windlace so I would rate your chances as good  that it will work.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

to anyone interested, I ordered and recieved the presewn windlace kit from national chevy  for a 53-54 belair and it is the proper dimensions for my 53 pontiac chieftain 4 door. color is close to almost a match for mine. few things chevy will work in a pontiac, but fortunately this does.!! John 

• Like 2

Yes,I'm going to do my best to keep it as original as possible.I think the interior will be the most challenging part of the entire build.The frame is done,front end,suspension,rear end,new brake system,and completely rebuilt engine.The hydra-matic transmission will have to be gone through,also.I'm on the body now,replacing rotted front floor pans and a large portion of the trunk floor.I'm going slow,doing it right.I'm not cutting any corners as I want this thing to be like new when finished.