Wizard Contact points

dl456

I don't have the catalog, but Western Auto/Wizard had their own part numbering system and matching the number with its vehicles can be frustrating.

I once had a batch of Wizard brake parts and I found it helpful to search for "wizard xxxx" (insert part number) on eBay.  It took a while but I identified quite a few that way.

My dad was a Western Auto Associate Store (franchisee) owner from 1947 to 1977. I might have an “in store” catalog with part numbers but recuperating from hip replacement earlier this week so getting to the basement to look for it is a few days away. 

Gary

They are acceptable  quality, nothing special, to be honest.... better than Chineseum  and the garbage of today, for sure...

Those out of business brands are what I use as my ECONOMY  priced items --- where I have absolutely Top Notch Quality for everything !!!!!

Post pictures --- I will tell you instantly what they are --- I know EVERY set of points from the 1930s to the end of points in the 1970s by looking at them --- and can tell you what they are in 3/10ths of a second... (It will take me longer to type it out and tell you !!!!)

Yours, Craig.....

6 hours ago, g-g-g0 said:

My dad was a Western Auto Associate Store (franchisee) owner from 1947 to 1977. I might have an “in store” catalog with part numbers but recuperating from hip replacement earlier this week so getting to the basement to look for it is a few days away. 

Gary

When you get up and running again, might you have any info on WA's Wizard hand tool line? Ratchets/sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers etc? 

Been accumulating these the last few years at swap meets and estate sales. They're not Snap-on but seem to be well-made, at least as good as contemporary Husky or Craftsman. Even though there were 5 WA Associate Stores in a 25 mile radius of home, no one I knew had any Wizard tools.

I'm sure a major toolmaker made them under private label contract, same as the Wizard auto parts line.