1932 Nash motor

Looking for a motor compatible with a 1932 Nash model 970 it currently has a 227 flathead straight 8. I bought this “tour ready “ car off ebay . It arrived with a cracked block. The swindler in Oregon who sold it to us is a “ classic car broker” who swears it ran like a Swiss watch when it left his shop. So we are looking for another block and weighing the option of having ours stitched 

Thank You

Edited by Packardfrank
Miss spell (see edit history)

Well Ed, I know we have to get over the fact that we got taken on this deal. Called a guy in the Nash club looking for some parts. This guy helped settle the estate our 32 Nash belonged to, he said that he told the broker that the car had at least a head gasket blown and possibly a cracked block. The broker from lake Oswego Oregon told him that he was aware of it and would “ deal with it “ apparently pouring 4 or 5 cans of bars leaks into the engine was “ dealing with it”. My fault for not being more thorough. Stuff happens all the time to these old cars , I get it but this issue he was fully aware of and tried to cover up. Thank goodness we still love the car

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He is in Lake Oswego Oregon. He has a ridiculous website. He’s wearing a tux and he’s playing classical music. But in fact he’s a common crook. Things happen to old cars all the time. But the fact that this guy knew that this car hadn’t run right in years and covered it up just sad. Pre-war cars especially have a small community. I know there have been a couple pierce arrows that he had up for sale. And a number of Pierce Arrow  people have gotten worried about his behavior and refused to put bids on cars they may have wanted so I know it’s already cost him a few bucks but still

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Packardfrank said:

I signed a paper on delivery” as is where is” my bad

I doubt your actions excuse fraud. Small claims is inexpensive to utilize and he still will have to show up and defend his actions. No show on his part is a win for you. If everyone defended themselves, crooks wouldn't be so brazen! Do you think the fellows in the photo I used previously would let this go?

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)