65 floormats

jframe

The mat on the right is what was in my 65 in the back seat when I bought it 5 years ago. The one on the left with the shield logo is part of a good used set my wife bought me. Which is correct for 1965? The front ones are identical; they ones that were in it and the set she bought both have the Buick logo with cutouts on the driver's side for the gas pedal and dimmer switch. Buick's floormat nomenclature is somewhat confusing to me, such as Handimats.

20210613_102114.jpg

"Handimats" are just a Buick sales/buzzword for rubber floor mats as in "Wildcat" engine , "Dynaflow" transmission, etc

the left looks like original or accurate reproduction, your right is an aftermarket ( looks like for drivers side)

40 minutes ago, gungeey said:

"Handimats" are just a Buick sales/buzzword for rubber floor mats as in "Wildcat" engine , "Dynaflow" transmission, etc

the left looks like original or accurate reproduction, your right is an aftermarket ( looks like for drivers side)

The one on the right was in the back; I have an identical one for the other back floorboard

10 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

The individual rears are called Handy Mats, the individual fronts are called Carpet Savers.

Tom

Tom, thank you for providing the product name from the manufacturer of floor mats. Instances folks want the “real deal” as opposed to reproduction aftermarket items the correct name of a product helps communication. 

10 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

The individual rears are called Handy Mats, the individual fronts are called Carpet Savers.

Tom

• Like 1