1965 Riviera lower seat trim wanted

Buickneem

They are hard to come by...  You could make some up from sheet metal, form them to loop around the front seat brackets and paint them to match your interior.  I managed to find a set of plastic ones but not the complete set with brackets, etc.  I painted them to match and nobody except our experts would tell they weren't the proper pieces.  I'll post pictures if you like.

Just as a word of caution about the trim pieces on the left side of the driver's seat. The brackets that hold the larger outer piece and the larger outer piece are different for 64-65 than they are for the 1963. Be careful when buying brackets to make sure you get the correct ones that you need. Most selling them think they are the same for all 3 years. I am not trying to ruin a sale for Gene, but the larger outer bracket he had made out of steel will not work for the 64-65 unless you use the 1963 brackets. It might be able to be used if you drill new holes but, then you have 2 extra holes in the trim piece. I have pictures and can give you measurements of the brackets for the different years and have pictures showing the differences in the outer trim piece if you need them.

Bill

1 hour ago, kegart said:

Good information.  I was not aware of the difference between '63 and '65 on this trim.

Kevin 

Kevin,

Scroll to the bottom of this post I did awhile back. It outlines verbally and with pictures the similarities and the differences between the brackets and trim pieces for the 3 years.

Bill

When I had my '64 upholstered I had a full set but they were so brittle the upholsterer couldn't use them. He cut ABS plastic to size and bent with a heat gun to the correct contour. He then covered them in vinyl but if not covered they would match originals so well no one could tell they weren't original. Just my 2 cents.....