Looking for RH door mirror for 1962 Imperial Crown

Countryman

Countryman, welcome to the forum!  I have a '61 myself.

I don't know whether Imperial offered a right-hand mirror,

but an excellent place for used Imperial parts is

Bob Hoffmeister's Imperial Heaven in Nebraska.

I didn't see a phone number for him, but here is his

website, and you can contact him through that.

http://www.imperialheaven.com/

If there is such a thing, the chances are good that he has it.

All the best to you in your search.

• Like 1

Well, technically speaking, Imperials of this era weren’t offered with “door” mirrors, but had optional RH outside mirror available and it mounted on the RH fron fender, similarly to the LH mirror shown in OP’s picture.

I can’t recall whether ‘62 still had two different designs available for their RH outside mirrors like some of the late-‘50s Chrysler Corp. cars did, One was aesthetically styled to match “Standard” LH mirrors, while the other was styled to match “Remote Adjustment”  ones, although the RH mirrors didn’t actually have “Remote Adjustment” feature.

Having restored several Exner-era Imperials and other Chrysler Corp. cars, I would think something like this should be relatively easy to find.

GLWS

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

Parts book shows two separate part numbers for 1962 Imperial outside mirrors so the left & the right are different. It shows only one P/N for a remote control mirror so that may have only been available for the driver side. 

I think 55er has it right.

I hade a 65 Newport that had the remote control and my late neighbor that was a bit of a guru on these happened to have one.

You know the story "Hey Jack, I see that your 65 convertible doesn't have a passenger side mirror. Out back covered in briars there is a stash of 15 or 20 doors. One of those has that mirror. You will probably get skinned up a bit bot you can have it if you want to go to the trouble".

Well it happens I had seen a couple for sale at high cost due to being rare that I had never pulled the trigger.

That free one was in perfect condition. 

He had mentioned that the drivers side was the only one that had the remote control.

Oddly enough I also had a car that some one had put a drivers side remote controlled mirror on the passenger side and it was worthless as it wouldn't adjust where it could be used.

• 1 month later...