Understanding Your Brass Car by Harold Sharon

Ray62

I didn't want this to get lost in the topic "Automotive Learning Resources", so I started this new one. Both Wayne Sheldon and Restorer32 recommended Harold Sharon's book "Understanding Your Brass Car" so I tried to locate a copy, but had no luck with eBay or some other on line sources I checked, but I did manage to track down a source. It turns out the book was reprinted and is being sold by his daughter. If anyone would like a copy, his daughter sells them for 25.00 plus 4.00 for Media Mail postage in the U.S. To order a copy just send a check for the total to:

Melanie Sharon

93 Curtis Road

Glastonbury CT 06033

Hope this helps if anyone is looking for a copy. I thought since I did the legwork I would pass this along. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What's the binding of the book?

An excellent book is one to keep and should be well made.

Paperback?  If so, hot-glued or stitched in signatures?

Hardback?  If so, what kind of binding?

You might not know the answers, but

these are questions worth asking for anyone

who is compiling his own automotive library.  

It’s large format but soft cover (paperback).  Cant answer type of binding without going to dig out my copy.  Great book and his insights are invaluable for anyone who wants to drive and tour a brass era car.  If you’re just going to stick car in corner of garage or in a museum, not worth buying, as his suggestions are geared toward driving and road worthiness.  It’s still a good read even then, I guess...

31 minutes ago, trimacar said:

It’s large format but soft cover (paperback).  Cant answer type of binding without going to dig out my copy.

Is yours the original or the reprint, and do you know if there is a difference?