Fuse puller mopar

Elisabeth

I've got to say, that's pretty cool, and I have not seen one branded like that. GM used to have a glass fuse kit available as a dealer accessory, but it included a lever-style fuse remover. Later ones came with a plastic tool similar to the one you have.

x6JfTTPPocxxuSpVtM_2DAUGGDIUfCmYDIP7099SVintage-nos-Fuse-kit-delco-part-tool-gm.845596665_Screenshot_2021-05-10BuyNOSGMOLDSMOBILEDEALERCUTLASS4428898TORONADODELMONTEMERGENCYFUSEKITinOttawaLakeMi....png.2504e4429122e56874f42957e0f85e2b.png

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 1

OK, here ya go. Not MOPAR branded, but looks like the same plastic tool with AMC branding. FYI, this set is currently $200 buy it now on Ebay. Needless to say, it's still for sale.

AMC fuses.jpg

• Like 1

I sure hope Elisabeth finds another Mopar fuse puller and I hope it is reasonably priced so she has money left over for a manicure.  😀

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, zepher said:

I sure hope Elisabeth finds another Mopar fuse puller and I hope it is reasonably priced so she has money left over for a manicure.  😀

No, no, you have it wrong. Elisabeth employs a hand model. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Patent number 3,215,006, issued to Angelo Urani and assigned to Mcgraw-Edison Co. in 1965. Mr. Urani apparently received numerous patents in the field of fuses and fuse handling tools over his multi-decade career. I should also note that since the green Mopar-branded tool says "patent pending", it likely dates to between the March 1962 application and the Nov 1965 issuance of the patent.

US3215006-drawings-page-1.png

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It might have been a "giveaway" at some local Chrysler Plymouth dealer or as the American Motors one that Joe pictures states, "An American Motors Approved Accessory". I would try someone at the Chrysler Plymouth Club they might have some info.